No doubt, we all can make mistakes, and that’s not uncommon. Even if we hire a specialist to help us enter the passport details, we may still skip something important. Mistakes can be of various types, like tongue your finger can also slip, resulting in wrong typed words. There can be spelling and number mistakes like writing 41 instead of 14. Moreover, it includes other incorrect information and signature mistakes.
A lot of people get the email asking about the consent as consent to restore details as in Indian passport details. They don’t know what this exactly means and which document would go fine to sort out the issue. We are likely to get the email when we give wrong information or we have some changes in the data now contrary to the previous data. Let’s find out the appropriate way to cope with this situation.
Consent To Restore Details As In Indian Passport Details Process:
When we change our name or find out that the information we provided was incomplete or inappropriate, we possibly get the notification for providing the consent to restore the details. But which documents should we send and how to assure them of the authenticity of the information that we give. Commonly, people are unaware of the right document which they require as they don’t mention it.
- Firstly, the applicant is required to send his affidavit.
- Before sending an affidavit, get it notarized for notary attestation.
- Explain the reasons for the change in the details on the passport and send it after notarization.
Required Documents For Change Of Name In Indian Passport:
The documents that are required for changing a name are quite the same as for the re-issuance of a passport. These documents include,
- The online form of application.
- Order Form of the CKGS
- Documents for verifying nationality.
- The first five and the last two pages are photocopies of the passport.
- Valid visa and passport and their notarized photocopy.
- Photos should be coloured and passport-sized, which should be 3 in number but 8 in case of passport expiry.
- The checklist should be filled out and signed.
Name In Indian Passport:
- Indian passport gives us the space for 75 characters to write the name.
- Initials and honorifics are not accepted.
- There are three rows, for surname, name, and middle. The applicant has a choice of writing two surnames also, like Chaudhary Gupta.
- For instance, if a person’s name is Aditya Amitabh Kapoor, then he will write Aditya as name, Amitabh as middle one, and Kapoor as a surname.
Some Rules Of Online Application Fill Up:
For passport Processes, only online applications are entertained. So the applicant should be extra efficient when filling out the form.
- Firstly, the applicant should go for designated applications as it delays the process when the date changes.
- Use the exact name, middle, and surname as the applicant want it to be printed on the passport.
- Avoid using special characters.
- Enter all the information which is regarded compulsory by a * sign.
New Procedure Required For Change In Name:
We have a lot of changes in the reasons for name changing. We have a list of new documents based on particular reasons depending on these changes. As we have a previous regular procedure to follow, so we will be going to add a new one along with the previous one.
Documents Required For Addition Of Name In The Passport:
There can be a situation when we mistakenly skipped our full name, and we are not adding the name because of divorce and remarriage. In this situation, we will be required to add the following documents.
- Firstly, the applicant will need to get it published in the daily newspapers of India and the USA and circulated in his residence.
- He will submit that newspaper clipping with the 30 old published dates.
- Make it clear that he has not procured a foreign nationality.
- Immigration’s original documents and photocopies.
Documents Required For Deletion Of Name In The Event Of Divorce/Death:
- Applicant’s residence and divorce notarized proof.
- Affidavit for change of name.
- Death certificate in case of death of a spouse.
- Opposite party’s notarized consent on divorce.
- A divorce decree granted by the Indian court is needed. But if both parties are present in the foreign court then it can be received by the foreign court.
Documents Required For Addition Of Name In The Event Of Marriage/Remarriage:
In case of marriage And remarriage, we need to submit some other additional documents which,
- The foremost thing is the affidavit for a change of name. The affidavit should be notarized and joint. It shows the difference in name from maiden to being married. A joint photo must.be attached with it.
- Then comes the marriage certificate, which should be original and have a notarized photocopy.
- Passport’s 1st and last pages are very important so include its notarized photocopies.
- Notarized proofs of passport and valid visa.
- In the remarriage case, a divorce deed from the previous spouse is required. It should be obtained from India if the divorce took place in India.
Documents Required For Split Of Name:
Of course, we are required to give the exact name as we want it to be given on our passports. So there should be a matter of preciseness here. For the split of name process, we must submit a notarized affidavit.
In addition to this, as everyone’s case is not quite the same, so they may need to give some additional documents, and they can also be asked for an interview for further proceedings.
Fee For Change In Name:
The change of name in the passport is not free of cost. It requires some dues to proceed. There are two types of booklets on which the dues depend. One is the ordinary booklet of 36 pages and the other one is Jambo having 60 pages.
- The consular fee for an ordinary one is $75.00 and $100.00 for the Jumbo.
- ICWF is 3.00$ for both booklets.
- BLS service charges are $13.20 for both.
- We have a total fee of $91.00 for ordinary and $116.20 for the Jambo booklet.
Your Application Has Reached The Embassy/Consulate And Is Currently Under Review Process:
It means that the application has reached the embassy, where it will be reviewed for final results. Having reviewed means all the data is checked again and making sure that the applicant has sent all the documents or not. If anything is lacking, the applicant is notified. It takes about 6 to 7 working days.
Government Reference Number(arn for renunciation of Indian citizenship):
This reference number is written on the CGI(consulate general of India) form that we have filled online for surrendering the passport. So it is the government application reference number for Indian citizenship renunciation.
Lost Indian Passport In the USA:
First of all, the individual must remember that it’s only VFS global, which can help them in this regard. This is because VFS global works in the USA, especially for Indian passports. They should contact the VFS on their helpline number +1 800 320 9625 / +1 800 320 9693.
Frequently Asked Question:
How can I correct my passport details?
You can edit your details by applying for a Re-issue of your passport. By this, you can go for any specified category of change. Documents advisor helps to collect required documents.
Can passport details be changed?
Yes, you can change your passport details by applying for the re-issue of your passport. But it should be done 1 year before the expiry of the passport.
How do I correct a mistake in the OCI application?
Here VFS won’t help us. So we will need to contact the Indian embassy or consulate for correction of mistakes in the oci application.
Suppose an applicant gets the email, consent to restore details as in indian passport details. In that case, he must be efficient about which documents to submit based on the particular category, for instance, change of name because of marriage, divorce, or split of the name.