OCI application is a good initiative for people having ties with India either by their ancestors or being part of India in 1950. There is a list of requirements without which a person is not eligible for OCI. So before registering, we must check out the list of eligibilities. After getting the OCI card, we can use miscellaneous services.
The problem is when the applicants don’t find any clear gestures for their application whether they will be approved or not. On renewal or applying for the first time, the applicant gets the mail after a few days saying your application is yet to be acknowledged by competent authorities within a week. But what does that mean and let’s figure out how much time we have to wait for the application to be acknowledged?
Your Application is Yet To Be Acknowledged By Competent Authorities:
After filing the OCI application, the applicant gets notified about the status that it is not under consideration yet. The applicant shouldn’t feel curious about this. As getting this email means destiny is not too far now.
After receiving this statement, the applicant has to wait for final acknowledgement patiently. For instance, if an applicant has applied for the OCI On 21Oct, gets yet to be acknowledged notification on the 30th. Then he can possibly get notified that the application has been acknowledged by competent authorities the next day. So that means that person is around the corner.
How Long Does Oci Application Place?
The time an OCI application takes depends on the type of centre being processed. Moreover, it usually takes about 8 to 10 weeks. After sending the application, 7 days are spent matching the passport and the OCI card and a further 3 days for shipping.
The Washington center takes 1 to 6 weeks but New York takes about 10 additional days for processing. Moreover, the processing time of Houston and Chicago is the same as the Washington center. Contrary to this, Aan Francisco is working speedily with a processing time of 2 to 3 weeks. If a person doesn’t get any notification about the current status of the application, he can get it checked by tracking.
OCI Application Got Rejected:
Sometimes OCI application gets rejected. There are some reasons behind the rejection. Let’s figure them out.
- They are not satisfied enough to believe that the applicant has completed Indian renunciation.
- The documents are not submitted in order.
- Proof of residence address is one of the most important things, so it needs to be taken efficiently. It requires utility bills, a state ID, and a driver’s license.
- Parent’s signature is required in minor and passport’s photocopy in adult’s application.
- Change of name’s proof must be provided.
- The last but not the least reason is that handwritten and return shipping labels are not provided.
What Does Application Under Review Means?
The applicant, after applying, first gets notified that the application is not yet considered. After that, the email is received, which says that the application is under review. It means that the documents are being checked out if the information is appropriate and complete or not.
Besides this, the mission registers it, requiring ministry clearance. This process takes about 30 days. After completing the under review stage, submitting all the skipped documents, the stage is processed. It means that now you are soon going to have your card as it is dispatched.
What Happens After Submitting OCI Application?
- First of all, the Indian consulate processes the application.
- Once the submitted application is approved by the consulate, the OCI card is sent from India to the consulate.
- After 60 days of its processing, the next step will be the delivery of the passport to the consulate, taking 3 days.
- Consulate will match our passport with the OCI card, which will exceed the processing time adding 1 week.
- The last step is taken by the CKGS office. It ships the passport and OCI card back to the applicant. Shipping can take about 3 days. After which, the applicant gets his OCI card.
OCI Application Status Shows No Records:
After applying online, when applicants try to have a look at it, finding out no records can make them worried and anxious. But there is no need to worry as it is just a matter of online data entry; that’s why we find no records.
The applicant will have to wait for the acknowledgement of the postal application. This process takes about 8 to 10 weeks. So it is quite normal. Still, if the applicant doesn’t feel assured of his applicant status, he can track the application by entering the tracking Id and passport written on the box. We can check the status on the VFS global website.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I know if my OCI is approved?
For confirming approval, you can visit the official Indian government website https://passport.gov.in/oci/. Select option status inquiry.
What happens when an OCI application is rejected?
If the other authorities have resented the application, the applicant will file the revision petition to the central government. But this process needs to be completed within 30 days.
How long does it take for a change of acknowledgement?
After submission, the application gets notification application is yet to be acknowledged, and after a day, it changes to the application has been acknowledged. It may depend on the situation also.
There is no need to worry about the statement Your Application Is Yet To Be Acknowledged By Competent Authorities. As it means you will receive the final acknowledgement soon.