Have You Attended Any Educational Institutions at a Secondary Level or Above

Education creates an essential role in the development of any society. Any society cannot uplift itself without its educational growth. And the concept of education matters more when you have a plan for travelling from one country to another.

Do you have a plan to study abroad? Is it your will to study or work in the United States? For getting a student or working Visa in the United States, you have to fill out the nonimmigrant application form, usually known as DS-160. This form contains all the information that is essentially relating to the purpose of your travelling from your home country to the United States. The form DS-160 includes all information related to your education and career.

To enter the United States as an international student, you need to fill out the information about your education background in the DS-160 form. Have you attended any educational institutions at a secondary level or above? This question is also asked while filling out the application form. Do you want to know what type of questions about your education are asked in filling out the form DS-160? In this article, we will discuss the questions related to education in the DS-160 form.

What Are Educational Institutions at the Secondary Level?

Every person in the world starts his educational journey with his primary and initial education, which he got from his home or nearby school. Primary education mainly consists of basic concepts of education, and this education is known as essential learning and nurturing of the students, in which students try to understand how to learn and how they can be able to read or write things.

After that, middle education starts where a person becomes mature and able to understand the different and diverse concepts of education.

After that, secondary education starts; in the United States, secondary education is usually considered classes from 9th to 12th. High school and college education is commonly known as secondary education in the US. Secondary education contains different science, mathematics, arts and general subjects.

The secondary educational institutions in the United States are public high schools, colleges and other educational institutions that offer higher classes. The concept of primary, middle high and secondary education systems is also present in other countries of the world.

What Is Secondary Level Education in Ds -160?

When you fill out your Visa application form DS-160, a question is asked about your previous education. For study in the United States, you must mention in your application about your previous education. If you are applying for DS-160 F1 Visa, then the question of your education is most important.

In DS-160, a question is asked whether you have attended any educational institutions that are above form secondary level or not. The secondary level education in DS-160 means the education which is higher than primary education. If you have studied and passed your examinations and classes above primary education level, then you can mention those classes and grades in DS-160 form as your secondary education.

Secondary education is the education of high school and college. If you have passed your matriculation and intermediate classes, then you can put your educational details in relevant the section of the form DS-160.

Have You Attended Any Educational Institutions at a Secondary Level or Above?

When you are filling out your form DS-160, under the title ” Previous work/ Education/ Training Information”, then a question is asked in this section about your previous education and institutions. If you have studied in any high school, college or university in your own country, you can input this educational information while filing out your DS-160 form.

You can only put your information related to your education above primary education. It is not allowed to put your primary education in the application form. If you put your primary education, your application form will be rejected.

The secondary education which you have gained from your high school, colleges and universities can only be written in the relevant section of the DS-160 form.

If you are a university or college student and applying for a study visa in the United States, then while filing out your DS-160 form online, you can put your information about your intermediate and university education.

Do You Intend to Study in the United States j1 Research Scholar?

Have you made a plan to study in the United States as a J1 research scholar? US government is also providing this opportunity all over the world for the teachers and research scholars who are not a citizen of the United States. Still, they can travel United states and share their thoughts and research.

A J1 scholar is a professor or a research scholar living outside of the United States but has been approved to enter the US for a specific time period and for some purposes related to promoting thoughts and research about different fields of life.

This program is known as the J1 exchange visitor program. This program allows different teachers and researchers to engage in different educational and research activities in the United States. This program encourages different social, scientific, artistic and other educational activities in different dimensions of life all over the world. The maximum limit of this program is five years.

If you intend to study in the United States as a J1 research scholar, then some requirements need to be met to achieve this opportunity In the United States.

  • The person or participant willing to travel in the US must have all those skills and knowledge about the purpose and field for which he is travelling to the United States.
  • Participant must have good English language skills so that he can function and work in English speaking environment and deliver his services in a good way.

This program has been divided into two categories; in one category, the professors are included who have to wish to give lectures, conduct seminars or teach the students. In the second category, the researchers are included who want to research, observe, scrutinize and analyze different things in laboratories or other research centres.

Secondary Level or Above Ds-160 India:

Suppose you are an Indian citizen and applying for Student Visa in the United States. Then you can also input your education details in the application form. After the primary education that you have got from your city high school or college, you can easily input this information here.

In India, secondary education starts from matriculation to University education; if you are willing to study or work in the United States, you can add these education-related details in your DS-160 online application form.

Have You Previously Employed Ds-160 Internship?

If you have previously got DS-160 F1 or any other visa from the United States, then you will have to mention it in your new nonimmigrant application form. While filling out your form online or your final interview in the US embassy, it can be asked you that have previously been employed in DS-160 or not? If you have visited the United States by this application form before then, you can mention this information there.


In this article, we have briefly discussed the details of the DS-160 application form. We discussed that if you have attended any educational institutions at a secondary level or above, then what you can do while filing out of the form DS-160.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q1: What should I fill in the course of study DS-160?

Ans: The question about your qualification and education is also asked while filling out your DS-160 form. You need to fill your current as well as secondary level education in your application form.

Q2: Have you ever been refused a US visa? That is the best answer.

Ans: If your Visa was refused by the United States embassy, then you have to answer “yes”. But in case your Visa was denied or refused by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS), then it is not a serious problem. You can answer this question by “No”.

Q3: Did anyone assist you in filling out this application DS-160?

Ans: If your application is prepared by your immigration lawyer, then you should answer “yes”. But if you yourself fill out your application and seek common help by any person or other means, then you can answer in “No”.

You May Also Like

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *